Friday, October 8
5:00pm – 11:00pm: Retrospective open to the public
Meet and greet with Louis. Come join us at the new Cove annex, aka The Greenhouse, for the opening night of a celebration of a true San Antonio original. Food and drinks will be available from The Cove. Old friends and new friends alike are welcome.
Saturday, October 9
Tour de Fat & Live Music from Karl & Friends
11:00am – 11:00pm: Retrospective open to the public.
A special evening of music from Karl & Friends on the main Cove stage. Also taking place that day The Cove and New Belgium Brewery will be hosting the first San Antonio “Tour de Fat” block party and bike parade.
Read more info on the Tour de Fat bicycle parade.
Sunday, October 10
Art Student Meetup
12:00pm – 7:00pm: Retrospective open to the public.
The retrospective concludes with an afternoon of discussion. Louis and his colleagues talk about making and sharing art in San Antonio over the years. The discussion then widens to include High School and College student artists in an open forum Q & A.
- 3:00 – 4:30 Art Student Meetup at the Cove
- 4:30 – 5:15 Louis Lubbering public interview/dais session
- 5:15 – 5:45 Open Mic Forum Q&A with Louis Lubbering
- 5:45 – 7:00 Student meetup resumes with meet and greet with Louis Lubbering
- 7:00: 50 Years of Louis Lubbering Art closes
660 W Cypress St.
San Antonio, TX